The most welcoming place on Earth
Colombia is a country located in the north of the Southern American continent, and has the second-highest level of biodiversity in the world. Its territory encompasses Amazon rainforest, highlands, grasslands, and deserts, and it is the only country in South America with coastlines and islands along both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. It is world renowned for its top notch coffee and we invite you to embrace its coffee culture with our October Candle of the Month. It's our first stop on our monthly worldwide sensory journey. A handmade candle that smells true to fresh coffee beans blended with mint for a nice refreshing twist. There’s nothing like the aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafting in the air, and with our COLOMBIA candle, you can enjoy just that without actually overloading on caffeine.
photo by Niels Van Altena
Why is Colombia's Coffee One of the Best in the World?
The country’s mountainous terrain, volcanic soil, tropical location, and the right amount of rainfall and sunlight are the key to the richness of flavor of Colombian coffee. The country also only produces 100% Arabica beans which are known to be superior in taste with smoother, sweeter, flavor notes of chocolate and sugar. They are also harvested by hand. Imagine that. Machines can’t tell the difference between green, ripe, overripe beans but a human being can so every coffee picker in Colombia works hard to make sure only the perfect beans make it into your cup.
photo by Guillermo Bresciano
Must See Recommendations:
- Jardin is a beautiful small colonial town not too far from Medellin. This colorful and traditional town with cobblestoned streets and authentic atmosphere is nestled in the rolling hills of the Colombian coffee district. Visit and wander its streets, sit on the main plaza, drink coffee and watch the locals do their thing.
- Cartagena de Indias for its charming colonial architecture, alluring festivals, exciting nightlife, beautiful beaches, outstanding cuisine, etc.
- San Andres Island for the best tropical vacation with white beaches, blue/green/purple seas. magnificent sunsets, friendly locals, scuba diving, etc.
- Santa Marta for adventurous travelers. With its stunning mountains and beautiful beaches, there are endless opportunities to explore nature like trekking, snorkeling, scuba diving, etc.
- Barranquilla for its cultural flair. It’s home to many great musicians, writers and painters. The Carnival of Barranquilla is a must see folkloric celebration, and one of the biggest in the world. It’s a 4 day festival with the most authentic expression of Colombian culture. Visitors and locals join together and enjoy street dances, music and parades.
- Cali is a city full of rhythm and an electrifying atmosphere. Known to the world as the Capital of Salsa, this city literally keeps you on your feet with the music that keeps going long into the late hours of the morning. What better place to learn Salsa than here.
- The Amazon Andes is a significant part of Colombia’s rich biodiversity and amazing natural wealth. See and experience a unique ecosystem with indeginous inhabitants and learn and experience their practices and rituals.
- Medellín known by international travelers for its perfect climate which is why its given the nickname "city of the eternal spring". Medellin boasts busy markets and a thriving street life that make up much of the city's charm. The city is home to many universities, accounting for a vibrant cultural and nightlife scene fueled by thousands of young adults from all over the country.
- Bogotá is Colombia's capital and largest city with a population of about 8.8 million people only third in size behind New York and Mexico City in the Americas. It's one of the most modern and metropolitan cities of South America and the world. Bogotá has a nice balance between the new and the old, the peaceful and the frantic, century-old plazas and churches shadowed by towering skyscrapers. Bogotá is a city of contrasts.
photo by Ricardo Gomez Angel
Our Candle of the Month is a limited edition candle so grab yours now before it disappears.